maternal effects of Atlantic cod: Combining the use of unique mesocosm and
novel molecular techniques
A joint RTD project for the FP5 - Quality of Life and Management of Living
The main objectives of the project are:
- 1. To examine the viability of offspring
from recruit (first-time) female spawners compared to offspring from
repeat (elder) female spawners of Atlantic cod.
- 2. To examine variations in viability
between offspring of individual pairs of cod.
- 3. To analyse the demographic structure
(age-, sex- and maturity structure) of selected European cod stocks by
means of historical data sets.
- 4. Based on the results of objectives 1.,
2. and 3., to evaluate the possible effects on cod recruitment and
implications for fishery management.
Last updated 07 September 2004
hits since 21 Nov 2001